about the company.
Leading biotech company of Synthetic biology.
about the team.
Strong research and development ability.
about the job.
- Design, implement and improve HTP experiments for characterization biocatalysts (enzymes and/or strains) to identify superior performing variants (more active and/or more stable and/or more selective).
- Work independently and collaborate within project teams to provide expertise, support and assistance on analytical challenges and opportunities.
- Multitask and prioritize projects and responsibilities under tight timeline.
- Timely and critically analyze large data sets. Ability to make scientifically accurate decision with incomplete data set.
- Detailed documentation of all experimental designs and results, including provide SOPs to both internal and external customers.
- Attention to details and good laboratory practices
- Train junior scientists/new hires.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
skills and experience required.
- PhD in biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology or chemistry with 0-2 years of industrial experience or a Masters with 3-5 years of industrial experience.
- Thorough understanding of biochemistry, microbiology and/or molecular biology concepts (e.g. enzyme kinetics, protein expression/characterization, protein purification, bacterial/fungal growth).
- Preference given to candidates with experience in protein engineering and/or synthetic organic chemistry
- Preference given to candidates with experience high throughput screening (e.g. 96 well plates), especially with the aid of automation equipment.
- Familiar with routine analytical techniques such as LC, GC and spectroscopic assays. Experience with LC/MS or GC/MS a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to provide accurate and concise research finding to both internal and external customers.