- Write code to describe the backend infrastructure, and make the deployment and configurations visible, readable and maintainable.
- Build tools for rapid iteration, CI/CD, monitoring, diagnosis, and easy access to the backend systems.
- Embrace modern container and cluster management technology to make our backend stack more elastic and robust.
- Improve and maintain an agile and reliable development environment for the backend stack, so that people with different skillsets in the company can do social experiments easily, and new hires can ramp up quickly.
- Monitor the backend health and respond to any failures or glitches to deliver a smooth online experience to players worldwide; keep improving dev-ops tools to make the job more automatic and error-proof.
We expect you to:
- Have deep passion and thoughts for video games; be a gamer and think on behalf of players.
- Be comfortable taking risks and accomplish engineering achievements that no one else has done.
- Enjoy working with fast-moving and rapidly-growing small teams.
- Comfortable with periodic on-call duty.
- One year or more experience in DevOps in a production environment.
- Be comfortable working with the Linux ecosystem. Be fluent in Linux or macOS bash CLI tools and Python scripting.
- Have basic knowledge of operating systems and low-level network protocols.
- Be able to extract useful information from different sources of logs, find correlations between multiple layers of systems and diagnose failures, suspicious behaviors, and performance bottlenecks from bottom to top.
- Eager to learn any new technology and always open to jumping out of your comfort zone.
- Capable to understand English documentation. Fluent in written English for technical communications in chat tools. Be able to speak English for daily life.
Any of the following would be highly preferred, but most of all, we value engineers who are eager to learn new ways to deliver value to players.
- Experienced in the production deployment of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Managed and maintained production environment on AWS or GCP.
- Deployed services in Kubernetes with CI/CD tools.
- Have deep knowledge of Terraform or Ansible.
- Have deep knowledge of one SQL or NoSQL database and be aware of how its storage engine works under the hood.
- Have experience using and configuring monitor tools such as DataDog or Grafana.
- Be familiar with ElasticSearch and Kibana.
- Fluent in spoken English for professional communications.