Purpose of the Job
Head of CNS BG & GBC GCHN, will lead and grow the CNS business in Greater China with a focus on generating profitable new software and services business while ensuring customer satisfaction and people engagement. S/He has responsibility over CNS customer P&L and accountability over end-to-end customer experience. In this role, s/he will build relationships with key customers in the market, define & implement the CNS business and sales strategy including pre-sales, sales, delivery of products and services to customers and increase revenue. S/he will also be responsible for pre- and post-sales contract management and oversee sales activities to support winning deals.
S/He will drive the successful scaling out of Campus Wireless Edge business in China including local device and application ecosystem development and marketing activities in alignment with enterprise sales teams and the global ECE business unit.
Main responsibilities in summary:
- Lead CNS team in Greater China across sales, pre-sales, operations, commercial management, customer success, and market services. Provide local leadership for the CNS R&D and China Analytics Solutions teams in China, as well as represent CNS in relevant JV boards in China.
- Accountable for GBC P&L down to Sales Margin (or Gross Profit, Contribution Margin), project assets (receivables, inventories) and customer satisfaction.
- Business management and financial forecasting (execution of LE and LRF processes).
- Develop and implement strategies to develop the CNS business in Greater China across Business Applications, Core Networks, WAN and Campus Wireless Edge.
- Coordination with other GBCs and CX to facilitate multi-BG offerings
- Financial evaluation of needed POCs/Trials, testing requirements and feature development needs in light of future business opportunity.
- Manage the supply chain operations as part of the end-to-end business management.
- Define and implement the CNS go-to-market business strategy and drive execution plans with all functional teams to achieve near-term objectives and longer-term ambitions.
- Build and leverage trusted partnerships with customer CxO’s to help them achieve their business objectives and to fulfill the CNS business mission.
- Drive thought leadership in understanding customer business challenges and proposing unique and differentiated CNS solutions.
- Understand and articulate market specific customer needs to the CNS business units to create and deliver relevant offerings.
- Build and lead strong cross-functional teams to ensure e2e business MoO execution, strong governance and business management (from sales, pre-sales, sales support and delivery).
- Lead business, financial and workforce planning activities and drive execution to achieve results.
- Ensure all teams maintain a strong pipeline that supports the achievement of financial targets and that adheres to key CRM principles and metrics (development, velocity, conversion, quality).
- Develop account plans and winning opportunity strategies according to CNS go-to-market strategy.
- Drive relevant company processes including deal approvals.
- Develop and lead market specific growth and improvement programs for CNS to drive profitable growth, improve operations, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Manage people related activities (workforce planning, rewards and recognition, communications and employee engagement).
- Provide regular updates to NSB Chairman and NSB Board on CNS related business strategy and operational topics.
Qualitative deliverables / KPIs:
- Employee engagement
- Execute on long-term winning strategy as the industry evolves.
- Capitalize on or mitigate risks to secure scale.
- Increase share in existing and new accounts.
Quantitative deliverables / KPIs:
- GBC level P&L down to Sales Margin (or Gross Profit, Contribution Margin)
- Net Working Capital (cash-In, N-PARD, receivables, inventory, overdues)
Operational leading deliverables / KPIs:
- Sales Funnel and WtD approved sales
- WtD GP/SM and WtD GP/SM adherence
- Cost of Sales (Cost of top and bottom projects)
- Customer Perceived Value Index
- Order Intake, Revenue and Sales Margin
- Team leadership
- Vision and strategy development
- Customer engagement and software sales skills
- Solid general management experience, incl. P&L management
- Experience in pre-sales/sales and business development
- Solid knowledge of the CNS product & services portfolio, and sound understanding of driving software sales, services and delivery execution
- The ability to create and articulate an inspiring vision for the organization, not only for the areas s/he is directly responsible for, but the enterprise as a whole.
- The inclination to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organization's overall strategy.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry.
- The ability to effectively balance the desire/need for broad change with an understanding of how much change the organization is capable of handling, to create realistic goals and implementation plans that are achievable and successful.
Executing for Results
- The ability to set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance; tenacious and accountable in driving results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainly; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
- A risk-taker who seeks data and input from others to foresee possible threats or unintended circumstances from decisions; someone who takes smart risks.
- A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in his/her approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the organization.
- The ability to attract and recruit top talent, motivate the team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity within the team, and manage performance; widely viewed as a strong developer of others.
- The ability to persevere in the face of challenges and exhibit a steadfast resolve and relentless commitment to higher standards, which commands respect from peers and team members.
- A leader who is self-reflective and aware of his/her own limitations; leads by example and drives the organization's performance with an attitude of continuous improvement by being open to feedback and self-improvement.
Relationships and Influence
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.