The Automotive Software Group is seeking a software architect to join our fast-paced engineering team. Do you thrive on building high-performance, integrated software-hardware systems to create amazing experiences for customers? Have you proven, time and time again, how getting the software and system architecture correct makes projects easier, quicker, and more flexible?
Do you come to work each day looking forward to collaborating – in-person and globally – with smart engineering colleagues to deliver great products? If so, we want you as our software architect.
- Drive the development of personalized solution proposals for clients' specific needs by actively collaborating with both customers and engineering teams. Cultivating enduring relationships based on trust, while leveraging expertise in software architecture and forward-thinking technology to align with industry trends and software vision.
- Provides technical software architecture and design guidelines, works closely with peers on design strategies and leads technical discussions relative to future architect direction across multiple teams or complex product line.
- Responsible for requirements analysis, system architecture design and implementation, and main responsibility for aligning Company’s SW Vision with customer architecture.
- Work with customers understand vehicle architecture and customers’ needs, analyze and propose a solution enabling seamless deployment & integration of Company’s features.
- Engage with customer to shape the final architecture to align with Company’s reference designs.
- Work with systems engineers and customer teams to turn software requirements into software architectures that are flexible, scalable, testable, and high-performance.
- Work with the platforming team to ensure future software and hardware platforms include correct and well-documented software architecture; review and suggest improvements to architectures proposed by contracted and platforming project teams.
- Take a lead role in technical solution definition during RFI/RFQ phases, estimate complexity and engineering cost for considered options, work closely with Customer and Sales team to identify the best solution.
- Review business context for solutions to company challenges; define the vision and requirements for the solution, recommend potential options, (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development), identify the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Verify features’ processing needs to accommodate required feature set in solution. tailored to hardware and 3rd party software specification. • Schedule and participate in reviews of software designs and code changes for a specific, assigned portion of the overall applications and integrations code base; providing direction and recommendations to developers as needed. • Analyze feature requests and requirements for audio processing and management, and drive system and software requirements.
- Prototype latest concepts in electronics systems and deploy concepts to identified projects and variants including using AUTOSAR standards.
- Develops coding core competence in C/C++ or autogenerated using Matlab, classic or adaptive AUTOSAR design tools generation.
- Develops reusable modules, platforms and participates in design reviews, in effort to create software architecture for future products implementation.
- Prepares software product architecture documents for the software products.
- Provides training and mentoring to a team of software engineers and provides high level designs and interface definition for detail designs and development.
- Participate in reviewing the development process, estimating the personnel plan, assisting in controlling development costs, defining development standards and performance requirements.
- Develops prototype simulating the development process from conception to implementation.
- Developing automotive software solutions in an Agile development practice with Test Driven Development.
- Review Software Verification and Validation procedures for Software Architecture.
- Full vehicle E/E Software architecture SME analyzing future Software architecture trends and developing technology roadmaps and product concepts.
- Be a part of an agile development team, ensure your deliverables are aligned with ASPICE, verified and documented.
- Be ready to engage into software development, code reviews and testing; take ownership of the solution from vision to deployment.
Qualifications (minimum requirements)
- B.S. in Software, Computer, or Systems Engineering or equivalent. M.S is preferred.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience and a proven track record of successfully architecting high performance automotive embedded software products.
- At least 5 years of experience working as software architect/design, ideally for audio architecture control units.
- Demands a profound mastery of coding skills (C/C++) with minimum of 5 years of experience, coupled with a consistent track record of active coding in the realm of embedded software development.
- Experience in leading highly technical team and capability to provide technical direction in terms of design and implementation, provide solutions to the team and align with strategic plans and initiatives.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in various forums, great negotiation skills.
- Track record of engaging with customers and engineering teams, and developing trusted relationship, influencing them through SW architecture and technology thinking in line with industry direction and Company’s SW vision.
- Strong background in software/system design to align to standards and enable portability and efficient re-use for future applications.
- Understands software hardware integration and supports board bring up and hardware configuration-based software.
- Experience in operating systems like Android, Linux, QNX, AUTOSAR, codecs, DSP, and network technology.
- Experience with Embedded Software, Linux shell, Real time operating system, QNX, Linux kernel, System On Chip, microcontrollers, Classic/Adaptive AUTOSAR, bare metal non-operating system based systems and simple scheduler based systems.
- Track record delivering meeting deliverables on-time and on-specification.
- Experience in development and deploying software architecture based on AUTOSAR tools such as DaVinci RTE configuration, in-house developed components as well as 3rd party stacks integrated.
- Strong background in software architecture methodology ensuring architecture satisfies allocated requirements to specific subsystem/components ensure compliance with standards and monitor implementation to reduce architectural scope creep.
- Understanding of ASPICE/V-cycle software development process
- Good understanding of signal processing, experience within Audio Domain is a plus.
- Good understanding of ARM and DSP processors.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- English proficiency is required.