- Assigned to increasingly complex components and/or assemblies. Assignments may include programs with new customers or new requirements.
- Engages in design and product development of automotive closure systems, including door latches and actuators, window moving mechanisms, door modules, and powered closures.
- Able to provide technical assistance, guidance and best practice to juniors, self developing as needed.
- Assists engineering by generating temporary studies or concept sketches with guidance from
- Engineering/Design Leader, of specific areas, to realize or eliminate engineering concerns.
- Develops 3D CAD models based on engineering input. Designs and creates complete layouts.
- Verifies requested changes are viable and incorporates the changes as requested.
- Assists with verifying component integrity to correct proportional designs based on stress, speed, weight and other details.
- Manages CAD data for assigned work based on program/customer requirements and based on direction from Senior Designer/Design Leader/Engineering Management.
- Maintains current CAD file management practices and individual CAD file data integrity based on direction from Design Leader.
- Performs data transfers, as needed.
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Engineering or related field.
- Experience with at least one of the CAD systems/software (UG, Catia, ProE), Catia preferred.
- Specialized course work to include basic body drafting, basic modeling/component design, and blue print reading.
- Demonstrated proficiency in currently utilized CAD technology for data file management, modeling,assembly, detailing, and GD&T.
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one of the following CAD software: Catia, Unigraphics, and Pro-E. Preference will be given to candidates with more than one CAD software capability
- Good knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Demonstrated independant ability to apply academic and other design knowledge, including descriptive geometry or equivalent,in the development and modification of automotive components and assemblies.